Thursday, March 31, 2011

Are you his Mom?

Once in a while when I am at the boy's school or at a school function someone will come up to me and say "Are you his Mom?".  When I hear this question it can go either one of two ways. The person asking the question either has something good to say or something bad to say.
Today I was on a field trip with Gavin and a teacher I didn't know came up to me and said "Are you his Mom?". For a second I held my breath and then I looked at the woman and said "Yes I am, please say something good about him." Well she did have good things to say. She went on to tell me that he is a very well mannered student. He always says please and thank you and he always helps out in any way he can. It was so nice to hear someone sing the praises of my child. I am such a proud Mommy!! Its great to hear good feedback once in a while. All too often people are so quick to point out the negative that they forget to notice the positive.
I'm so proud of you Gavin!! One more thing.... while I am bragging on Gavin I would also like to point out that Gavin scored a HOME RUN on opening day of baseball. Way to go buddy!!

No comments :

Post a Comment